Makes approximately one small jar of Pickled Red Onions
If you love pickles then you’ll love these pickled red onions! They’re perfect on pretty much anything! Try em on a juicy burger or in your favourite tacos
The flavourings are versatile too so you can add whatever aromatics you like.
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp dried dill, or a small bunch of fresh dill (optional)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1.5 tbsp salt
- 1 cup white vinegar
- Place onions and garlic in a large glass bowl or jug with the dill.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the rest of the ingredients and stir until the salt and sugar has dissolved. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover the onions with the pickling liquid, submerging them and stand to cool to room temperature.
- Once at room temperature, you can place your pickled onions into a mason jar or any glass jar you have. Do not use metal jars as they will react with the pickles. You can keep them in the fridge for 3-4 weeks.