Makes an 18cm square tin
Brownies are the best! And personally, my favourite type of brownie would definitely have to be fudgy! These Brownies can be eaten hot while they’re still gooey inside or eaten cooled down at room temperature/ set in the fridge for a fudgy rich texture!
My friends and family will all tell you that these are some of the best brownies they’ve ever eaten!
- 180g unsalted butter, chopped
- 400g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 125g brown sugar (3/4 cup), firmly packed
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 115g plain flour (3/4 cup)
- 30g cocoa powder (1/4 cup)
- Flaked sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180ºc and then grease and line an 18cm square cake pan.
- In a large saucepan, mix together the butter and half the chocolate over medium-low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in the sugar and set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Once the mixture has cooled slightly, add in the eggs and vanilla and stir. Sift flour and cocoa powder over the brownie mixture and stir to combine. Add in the remaining chocolate and fold into the batter.
- Spoon brownie mixture into prepared pan and smooth out. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until just set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 30 minutes. At this point, if you wish, you can sprinkle some flaked salt over the brownies. You can either enjoy warm now or allow to cool completely and cover and chill in the fridge. If you choose to chill the brownies, take out what you want and let them come to room temperature for pure bites of heaven!