Makes approx 4 servings
So this one is a much-loved creation of mine for all friends and family who have eaten it. It’s definitely a crowd pleaser but let’s face it, when isn’t pasta an all-around hit?
- 1 batch of Pasta dough or 1 batch of Spinach pasta dough made into lasagne sheets
- 500g fresh ricotta
- 250g frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1/4 cup parmesan +extra for sprinkling on top
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella +1 cup for sprinkling on top
- 700g Passata
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- basil leaves to serve
- Preheat oven to 180ºc and grease a large baking dish.
- In a medium bowl mix together the ricotta, spinach, garlic, parmesan, mozzarella and season with salt and pepper.
- Lay out your lasagne sheets and place about 2 tablespoons of ricotta filling onto each sheet and spread over then roll them up and place them in the baking dish.
- Pour the passata over the lasagne roll ups and top with the extra cheese then lightly cover with foil and place into the oven for approximately 30 minutes.
- Uncover the foil and increase the heat to 200ºc and bake for a further 30 minutes or until cheese is all golden and bubbly.
- Once removed from the oven let it rest for about 15 minutes before garnishing with the basil leaves.