Hey everyone, Mark here, posting a quick recipe that’s absolutely delicious and a little bit different. This is a recipe from my mum and it’s still one of my favourite quick dishes to make and eat. This is a saucy chicken dish topped with cornflakes and a light sprinkle of cheese and then baked until golden and delicious. Let’s crack on!
- 2 Chicken breasts diced nice and chunky
- 2 400g tins of cream of tomato soup
- 1 – 2 tsp Dry Basil
- A few handfuls of Cornflakes – enough to cover the top of your casserole
- Some nice strong cheddar cheese, again, enough to cover your casserole
- Salt and Pepper
- Pour your tins of soup into a large bowl and season with Basil
- Dice the chicken in case you haven’t already
- Place diced chicken in your casserole dish and season it generously with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the soup mixture
- Optional step: Marinate for at least 30 minutes
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 200°C
- Remove from oven and top with a good thick layer of cornflakes, top the cornflakes with your cheddar cheese.
- Return to the oven uncovered for a further 20 minutes or until the cheese has gone golden brown
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Before topping with cornflakes, put a layer of mozzarella on, then the cornflakes THEN the cheddar and then…finally…a sprinkle of parmesan. Oh my. Cheese-tastic!
- Try this with white fish instead of chicken. Just as yummy and how it was originally created!
- If you’re using a fan forced oven, you may need to reduce the cooking times by 5 minutes or so.